Monday, 31 August 2009
So i've been given another blog award by Sadie at Butterfly Wings and I appreciate it tons missus, thank you :o)
The rules go as follows:
♥ accept the award,
♥ post it on your blog along with the name of the person who tagged you,
♥ pass on the award to others.
♥ share the love!
So here is who i give the award to...
♥ Imo at http://imz-itsalondonthing.blogspot.com/
♥ Blogspot Beauty (i dont know your name sorry) http://xblogspotxbeautyx.blogspot.com/
♥ Cat at http://catslittleobsessions.blogspot.com/
♥ Jessica at http://xopaintmyface.blogspot.com/
♥ Valerie at http://valheartsmakeup.blogspot.com/
Ps! Enjoy? Follow me and if you have a blog, i'll follow you!
Want a chance of winning some freebies? Enter my giveaway!
I haven't posted a FOTD for a while, so I thought it best I did. I used to do this look all the time when I first discovered my passion for MAC eyeshadows. It's just one of my favourite combinations to do when I fancy some 'colour' on my lids, so I thought i'd share it with you....
(With the flash)
Friday, 28 August 2009
Avene Thermal Water Spray
Essential soothing care for sensitive, hypersensitive, allergic and irritated skin. Directly taken from the very source of spring, Avene thermal Water is bacteriologically pure; it is the only thermal spring water to be packaged in a sterile unit , in a high tech, state of the art production unit. It is ideal for sensitive, fragile skin, which it wraps up in a thin, protective, soft and fresh veil, providing a sensation of relief, comfort and well-being. (Taken from the website)
Thermal water can be used for a range of purposes such as:
♥ Soothing action
- After anti-acne treatment
- Diaper Rash
- Various forms of irritation
- Razor Burn
- After hair removal
♥ Comforting, refreshing action
- To complete cleansing
- To 'set' make-up
- After outdoor activity
- In Summer
- When travelling
Simply spray onto the skin in a fine mist. Wait for a few seconds, and if needed pat dry.
I originally started using this product two years ago when I received a sample size from my work (Boots) and found it was brilliant for using on a hot day to cool you down. So before my trip to Zante last month I bought this spray again as I knew it would help with cooling me down on those super HOT days; and that it did! But whilst reading the back of the 50ml bottle I noticed it states it 'sets make-up' so I snapped it up for £2.98!
Unfortunately the 50ml bottle didn't last more then three days as I was constantly using it due to the heat and on the nights to set my make-up. I ventured out to the local chemist and found a 300ml bottle for around nine euros!!! It also helped with a few mosquito bites I received that turned pretty nasty. See below....
I must say it does exactly what it says on the bottle, it helped soothe those nasty bites that turned part of my leg purple!!! I am so please I started using this again. And the 300ml bottle is still lasting me!
PS! Enjoy? Follow me and if you have a blog, i'll follow you!
I was looking through my mothers nail varnish collection as I fancied a different colour to what I usually wear, and came across this gem; OPI: Romeo & Julliet. My mom is a big fan of reds, plums and everything in between so I wasnt shocked when I came across this. But this is my first experience of OPI nail varnish!! I've seen a few reviews of this brand on other blogs and have been keen to try it myself.
Overly I am very pleased with this shade, it took two coats to achieve the rich colour and drys quite quickly! I will be searching the net for more OPI shades, anyone know any fab sites that sell this at a cheap price?
PS! Enjoy? Follow me and if you have a blog, ill follow you!
Also..... want some freebies?? Why not take part in my first giveaway :o)
Thursday, 27 August 2009
Firstly thank you all so so so much for following my blog and hopefully enjoying it. This means alot to me, and has made my quite boring night, actually lets say my boring week... very exciting!!! So you all know what this means don't you? Yes I can now reveal the giveaway...
♥ Beauty Nation Glam lashes
♥ Natural Collection 'Mango & Papaya' body spray
♥ Natural Collection 'Mango & Papaya' Hi-shine Hair Conditioner
♥ Mudd Peel off face mask
♥ Barry M Dazzle Dust (3) 'Pink/Gold'
♥ Barry M Dazzle Dust (69) 'Saphire'
♥ Make-up Academy Nail Polish 'Soda Pop'
♥ You must be a follower
♥ You must post on your blog about this giveaway linking back to my blog
♥ You must comment this post with a link to your post regarding the giveaway
♥ You must state your fashion icon :o)
PS! Enjoy? Follow me and if you have a blog, i'll follow you!
I've recently started following the lovely Jennifer-Rosellen who is also having a giveaway so im going to enter :o)
If your interested, the prize is as follows but you must be follower....
Good Luck all!!
PS! Enjoy? Follow me and if you have a blog i'll follow you!
Tuesday, 25 August 2009
So I took this tag from the lovely Becky at Make-up Me who tagged all her followers to complete these question if they wish. So... here it goes :o)
1. What time did you get up this morning? About 7.30am (way to early)
2.How do you like you like your steak? Medium rare.. yum!!!
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? The Ugly Truth.. was brill!!
4. What is your favorite TV show? Where do i start? SATC, Friends, Scrubs, Runs House ANTM, Maury haha
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Japan and Florida/New York
6. What did you have for breakfast? haven't had it yet, and i prob wont! I rarely eat breakfast!
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Chineseeeeeeeeeeeee *yum*
8. What foods do you dislike? Sprouts and celery ICK!!!
9. Favorite place to eat? Nandos, KFC and Maccy d's (i dont have one lol)
10. Favorite dressing? Mayo!!!
11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? i dont drive, but i drive my mother up the wall sometimes :o)
12. What are your favorite clothes? skinny jeans, dresses, skirts, shorts, vest tops
13. Where would you vist if you had the chance? see question 5!
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? 1/2 full
15. Where would you want to retire? i havent thought about it really...
16. Favorite time of day? food time, night time and sexy time hahahaa!!
17. Where were you born? Wolverhampton
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? football
19. Who do you think will not tag you back? no idea
20. Person you expect to tag you back first? no idea lol
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? everyones
22. Bird watcher? hahaa... no
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? night!!!
24. Do you have any pets? Gizmo the worlds stupidest, most sillyest cat
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? erm its my birthday in three weeks? i maybe going back to university in September?, me and the fella are getting back on track? lol
26. What did you want to be when you were little? a journalist
27. What is your best childhood memory? nothing was complicated, everything was simple!!! Just having fun and no worries.. i loved being at primary school though
28. Are you a cat or dog person? dog but i own a cat lol
29. Are you married? nope
30. Always wear your seat belt? yes
31. Been in a car accident? no
32. Any pet peeves? seriously wouldnt know where to start!!!!
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? meat feast or mozzarella toppings
34. Favorite Flower? tulips, lillies, roses
35. Favorite ice cream? cookie dough or cookies and cream!!
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? KFC but their not very 'fast' are they? pfft!
37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? not had mine yet
38. From whom did you get your last email? university
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? topshop, house of fraser and primark
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? went to the zoo with the fella... was great!!
41. Like your job? i like them both :o)
42. Broccoli? niceeeee
43. What was your favorite vacation? Canada, Ayia Napa and Zante
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? Richard
45. What are you listening to right now? GMTV
46. What is your favorite color? blue
47. How many tattoos do you have? two and counting...
48. How many are you tagging for this quiz? everyone.... its so much easier and then they get to decide if they want to or not :o)
49. What time did you finish this quiz? 9.10am...
im not sure what time i started?
50. Coffee drinker? sometimes
So there you have it!! I'm going to tag all my followers for this one!
PS! Enjoy? Follow me and if you have a blog i'll follow you!
Monday, 24 August 2009
So as this post goes to print i have 93 fabulous followers!!
On that note I have an announcement to make; when I officially hit the 100+ followers mark I will be conducting a giveaway and I hope alot of you will want to take part! But until that day I'm going to keep details of the prize a secret, yes I am a tease! For now I want to say...
So now we just have to play the waiting game....
PS! Enjoy? Follow me and i'll follow you!
Saturday, 22 August 2009
As promised here are some photos from the eighteenth birthday party I went to on the weekend!! It was brilliant :o)
Richard (my on/off boyfriend) and me rocking the glasses
Thursday, 20 August 2009
I've recently started following Blogspot Beauty who is having a giveaway so im going to enter... naturally :o)
♥ Estee Lauder: Pore Minimising Skin Refinisher
♥ Estee Lauder: DayWear Plus
♥ Estee Lauder: Soft Matte Bronzer
♥ Lancome: Definicils Mascara
♥ Lancome: Juicy Tubes
♥ No7: Moisture Drench Lipstick in Cameo (50)
♥ No7: Dual Protection Tinted Moisturiser in Medium
♥ Sanctuary: Warming Charcoal Detox Mask
Then the rules are as follows:
♥ You must be a follower of blogspot beauty
♥ Post a comment under the giveaway post stating 'enter me'
♥ Post your email address so you can be contacted should you win
♥ For two entries into the competition, post on your own blog linking back to th giveaway
So this is just one of my two entries into the giveaway!! Good Luck everyone!!
PS Enjoy? Follow me and if you have a blog i'll follow you!!
- My Blackberry Curve.. also known as Bella ♥
- Slim waist belts for £1/£2 from Primark
Wednesday, 19 August 2009
My recent haul is couteous of the following:
Watch out for the party photos :o)
PS. Enjoy?? Follow me and i'll follow you!
So my aunty has recently been granted a healthy bit of compensation due to a back injury she gained during work a few years ago, and its been a long time coming but she finally got the money she deserved *whoop*!! Out of the goodness of her heart, she decided to treat her immediate family with dinner and individual gifts!! And here is what I received...
I love love love love my Cavalli glasses, they are a lovely royal blue, and don't particularly go with much but I love them just the same!! I am also in love with the Zebra print lining inside the cases, which suits me fine as Zebra print is my favourite animal print!!! Anyways... the mother was also given a gift and here it is...
My camera is really crap at zoom, apologies!!!
When we got home, the mother insisted she swap the Gucci sunglasses for the Armani glasses she bought me for my holiday to Zante because they suit her more and the these suit me more.... I didn't hesitate to say yes!! So there we have it Cavalli and Gucci glasses in the same day.... I feel very lucky!! :o)
Monday, 17 August 2009
Avon Senses Tropics Body Scrub
Stimulating & exotic summer fragrance that will lift your senses and boost your inner smile every time you shower.
I have only recently started using this since I came back from Zante and I must say I am impressed! I've gotta be honest, im not a big fan of Avon products... not that I dont like them, i've never actually given them a chance. But now that the mother seems to be becoming more addicted to some of their items, I may have to start ordering a few things myself.
The scent of this body scrub is lush, I find myself standing in the shower and just sniffing the air.. hahaa! I know I sound really weird :o) I also like the texture, its not too harsh but not too soft... you know what I mean? Because sometimes body scrubs can be waaaay to harsh on the skin and others do absolutely nothing!! This scrub just sits in the middle and I like it. After i've used it, my skin instantly feels smooth which is great because I know that its worked. The pricing is fab too, at £3 you can't go wrong! *Thumbs Up*
PS. Enjoy? Follow me and if you have a blog, i'll follow you!!
Saturday, 15 August 2009
This outfit is from the episode that Carrie Bradshaw gets "arrested for smoking a doobie." :o)
If you don't know, i'm a huge SATC fan as i'm sure most of you all are. I watch it all the time and enjoy re-creating Carrie Bradshaws outfits from time to time! I have always been obsessed with the above outfit as well as many others. My reason for this is the hood on it, although this photo doesn't do it any justice... get yer dvd box set out and see for yourself why I love it so much!
One other outfit I wish I owned is the high waisted, emerald green skirt with the white ruffles on the back from an episode in Season Four... but I have yet to find out who that skirt is by or find a photo of it... anyone?
This was a quick post but my question is: if you do, what is your favourite outfit from Sex and the City?
PS. Enjoy?! Follow me and ill follow you!!!
Here's another work outfit from yesterday....
Handmade Belt: The Clothes Show
So there you have it, another Primark special outfit, I sure do love that place :o)
Sunday, 9 August 2009
Unfortunately my camera is currently having a hissy fit so I couldn't take any photos of it without a top on underneath to show you the full effect.. the above photos are from my 22nd birthday last year and im wearing a boob tube underneath.
If you take a look on Danni's website you will see that she has some cool items you can buy, but my fav items are the backless hoodies. Purely for the fact that you wont be able to buy these anywhere else probably? (unless there is some hidden gem somewhere in the UK that does sell them?) I love the fact that Danni will also customize an old tshirt into a backless hoody for you aswell!! So if there is an old top you have lying around that you'd like to do more with, she could make you a one off piece that no one else will ever have!!
I'm a big fan of unique/one of a kind things, so when I first came across this designer I knew I had to have one of her designs!! I have been in contact with Danni myself via her myspace profile, as I wanted her to know that I wore her design to the Clothes Show Live in Birmingham December 2008 and that I received around 10 compliments at least!!! on my hoody and where it was from (no word of a lie) :o) She was dead chuffed and offered me discount for my next purchase *whoop*
I reckon you gals should and order yourselves one soonish!!